Perl stands for Practical Extraction and Report Language (or Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish Lister). Perl combines (in the author's opinion, anyway) some of the best features of C, sed, awk, and sh. The official Perl web page is http://www.perl.com/.
You may contact me with questions or problems with any of these scripts by using the address at the bottom of this page.
- ANSI.pm ( Last modified: Feb 07, 2020 - 10:50:52 PM ) (documentation)
A simple module I wrote to learn how to write Perl modules. It provides a convenient way to access ANSI escape sequences for color and cursor movement.
- attr ( Last modified: Apr 28, 2018 - 10:58:25 AM )
Converts input to a format that can be sent directly to a MUSH/MUX and have it show up identical to the original. If you have PerlTk installed, the output can be read from, and dumped to the X clipboard for pasting.
- CheckOptions.pm ( Last modified: Apr 28, 2018 - 10:58:49 AM ) (documentation)
'check_options()' is a primitive function key => value checker, typically used to check whether a function was passed valid key/value pairs.
- color-select ( Last modified: Apr 28, 2018 - 10:59:13 AM )
A PerlTk script that allows you to select a color, or select the <BODY ...> tag for an HTML document if you have HTML-Parser.
- filewatch ( Linux Only - Last modified: Apr 28, 2018 - 10:59:20 AM )
Watch a set of files for changes. Requires PerlTk, and Linux::Inotify2.
- ftrunc ( Last modified: Apr 28, 2018 - 10:59:33 AM )
Truncate a file or files at the first/Nth occurrence of a string, with various options.
- mp3info ( Last modified: Apr 28, 2018 - 10:59:40 AM )
Prints info about an MP3 file. Bitrate, stereo or mono, ID3/ID3v2 tag, etc. Requires MPEG::ID3v2Tag.
- mushpp ( Last modified: Apr 28, 2018 - 10:59:45 AM ) (documentation)
(Beta) "Pre-process" formatted MUSH/MUX code, much like Adam Dray's unformat.pl. Includes, inline comments, and defines (including macros) are supported.
- randsig ( Last modified: Apr 28, 2018 - 10:59:54 AM ) (documentation)
Output random signatures through a named pipe. The output format is very customizable.
- randword ( Last modified: Apr 28, 2018 - 10:59:59 AM )
Output random words or characters. Requires Data::Random.
- strip_id3v2 ( Last modified: Apr 28, 2018 - 11:00:06 AM )
Removes an ID3v2 (and/or ID3v1) from an MP3 or MP2 file. Useful for files that have an oversized ID3v2. (A perhaps better application is id3v2 which can list, modify and delete ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags.)
- xtract ( Last modified: Apr 28, 2018 - 11:00:14 AM )
(Alpha) This script tries to extract any archive file you throw at it. It will recurse into directories if you specify them on the command line. (But don't blame me if it overwrites or otherwise damages data.)