Not all of these rants are my own, and many of them are seriously out of date. I am not as angry now as I used to be.
- Annoyances on the Internet ( Last modified: Feb 18, 2020 - 04:41:16 PM )
Things I dislike seeing on the internet.
- Email Facts of Life ( Last modified: Feb 05, 2020 - 10:13:33 PM )
Debunks a number of Urban Legends and teaches good Email etiquette. I didn't originally write this, but I have edited it quite a bit. It is now very out of date, so if you revise it I would like a copy of the new version.
- HTML Hell
Eric S. Raymond covers the annoying things seen on too many web sites. Also see Jamie Zawinski's version, "design."
- I say what I mean. Do you? ( Last modified: Feb 19, 2020 - 05:39:03 PM )
A rant I originally wrote in my LiveJournal about people misinterpreting what I say, and revised here.
- "It's just a word." ( Last modified: Feb 18, 2020 - 04:56:35 PM )
A rant I originaly wrote in my LiveJournal about people cursing then trying to justify it by saying "It's just a word."
- Phone Rants ( Last modified: Feb 19, 2020 - 05:24:48 PM )
I needed to vent after dealing with people who couldn't communicate over the phone.
- Preempting TV Programming ( Last modified: Feb 18, 2020 - 05:15:51 PM )
"We interrupt this program to annoy you, and make things generally irritating." -- Monty Python
- Punctuation/Spelling Rant ( Last modified: Feb 18, 2020 - 05:21:19 PM )
The most egregious abuses of punctuation and common misspellings that I can't stand.
- "Team Player" ( Last modified: Feb 18, 2020 - 05:23:59 PM )
This was "spun off" my "Words I Hate" rant below.
- Why Blinking Text is Bad ( Last modified: Feb 18, 2020 - 05:28:46 PM )
Most browsers do not support blinking text any more, so this is outdated.
- Words I Hate ( Last modified: Feb 18, 2020 - 05:33:44 PM )
Words that I hate to hear and I refuse to use.
- Miscellaneous Rants ( Last modified: Feb 18, 2020 - 05:00:14 PM )
A group of annoyances that don't warrant a long diatribe.